C-3 is looking for enthusiastic technologists to expand its core technical team in Washington DC. C-3 seeks individuals that are motivated by work on important leading-edge technologies and who embrace a fast-paced and rapidly-changing startup environment. Ideal candidates are those who have deep technical know-how, sophisticated hands-on skills, feel comfortable working independently, are team-oriented and are willing to take responsibility and ownership of their projects.
C-3 employs on a full-time, and part-time basis, and supports work-at-home options in order to meet the individual needs of our talented staff. Flexible work schedule options available to accommodate work/life balance.
In addition to the opportunity to grow with the company, C-3 offers competitive salaries with sick and vacation benefits as well as attractive equity options.
Role and Responsibility
- In a small and fast paced startup environment, each team member plays multiple roles. The research scientist must also be a proficient software developer.
- The research scientist will architect, prototype, develop and verify operational software systems for our cross-layer networking products and systems.
- The research scientist will be working with the team to quickly respond to technical issues raised by customers or marketing needs, including proposal development.
- The research scientist will take part in presenting our products and systems to existing and potential customers, sponsors, and partners.
- The research scientist will have the opportunity to develop new business opportunities and build a software and system engineering team in the near future.
Technical and Experience Requirements
- In-depth understanding of wireless networking systems and protocols, such as MANET. having addressed and/or understands issues such as the MAC layer implementations, MANET routing, etc. Well versed in the practical challenges faced by wireless networks.
- Experience in proposal development and sponsored R&D project execution.
- In-depth understanding and extensive hands-on experience with Linux-based networking development. Working knowledge on networking in Linux user space and kernel, virtual bridges and VLANs, tunneling, firewalls, and network security, etc. Experience with networking experimentation tools, such as Wireshark, MGEN, etc.
- Practical experience with TCP/IP-based network protocols and working knowledge about recent development in transport protocols.
- Very efficient and professional in programming using C/C++, Java, Shell, or Python, etc. Familiar with software build environment configurations in Linux, debugging tools, and methodology.
- Bachelor or above degrees in the fields of computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or related. Ph.D. or equivalent research experience are preferred.
- Research publications in one or more fields, such as wireless networking, SDN, etc
- Working knowledge in CDN and/or information-centric networking such as CCN or NDN.
- Understanding of rateless coding such as fountain codes.
- Development experience with Linux on embedded platforms and cross-compilation.
- Hands-on experience with SDN/OpenFlow/OpenvSwitch and/or network function virtualization (NFV). Practical experience with virtualization, VM/containers, Kubernetes and/or docker swarm, cloud deployment, and commercial clouds.
- Must be either a US Citizen or a permanent resident.