C-3 is looking for enthusiastic technologists to expand its core technical team in Washington DC. Ideal candidates are those who has deep technical know-how, sophisticated hands-on skills, feel comfortable to work independently, team-oriented, are willing to take responsibility and ownership, enjoy and thrive in a fast-pace and rapidly-changing startup environment. In addition to the opportunity to grow with the company, C-3 will also offer competitive salary and attractive equity options.
Role and Responsibility
- As a lead developer, you will develop and verify operational software systems for our networking products and prototypes, which are comprised of software modules in multiple layers from the MAC to applications.
- You will be work with the team to quickly response to technical issues raised by customers or marketing needs.
- You will take part to present our products and prototypes to existing and potential customers, sponsors, and partners.
- You will have the opportunity to work with the core team to develop new business opportunities.
- You will have the opportunity and responsibility to build and manage a software team in the near future.
Technical and Background Requirements
- In-depth understanding and extensive hands-on experience with Linux-based networking development (3+ years);
- Familiar with networking in user space and Linux kernel, virtual bridges and VLANs, tunneling, firewalls and network security, etc.
- Familiar with some Linux networking experimentation tools, such as Wireshark, MGEN, etc.
- Expertise in and practical experience with TCP/IP-based network protocols, and knowledge about recent development in transport protocols.
- Very efficient and professional in programming using C/C++, Java, Shell, or Python, etc.
- Familiar with software build environment configurations in Linux, debugging tools and methodology.
- Bachelor or above degrees in the fields of computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or related.
- US Citizen or permanent residents.
Desired Qualifications (One or more)
- Substantial experience in implementing wireless networking systems, such as MANET; having addressed and/or understand issues such as the MAC layer implementations, MANET routing, etc.
- Having development experience or knowledge in information-centric networking such as CCN or NDN, and the concept of application-drive overlay network.
- Understand rateless coding such as fountain codes.
- Having development experience with Linux on embedded platforms and cross-compilation.
- Project experience with virtualization, VM/containers, Kubernetes and/or docker swarm, cloud deployment and commercial clouds.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with SDN/OpenFlow/OpenvSwitch and/or network function virtualization (NFV).
- Research publications in one or more fields including wireless networking, SDN, cloud, virtualization, etc.
To apply, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org